Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cleveland Museum of Art: Summer Solstice 2011 (Updated)

Last night marked the 3rd appearance of the Summer Solstice at the Cleveland Museum of Art -- while the last two were to celebrate the openings of the 1916 Building's lower-level galleries (2010) and East Wing galleries (2009), the 2011 Solstice was a festival without an associated reopening.

That didn't seem to dampen the mood one bit; predictably the event sold out well in advance of the 6:00, 7:30, and 10:00 pm start times. Featuring a variety of music and visual entertainment throughout the night, "Treasure Hunts" where attendees were challenged to find art in the galleries on the basis of small excerpts -- my date and I did reasonably well... but it helped that we have both spent plenty of time in the galleries before the solstice.

The Solistice is always an even that draws a wide swath of Cleveland -- beteween my date and myself we bumped into quite a few people we know from around Cleveland.

I'm already looking forward to the 2012 Solstice...

Update: It looks like photos from the event have started to hit Flickr including at least two where I and my date can be seen:
#1 (Right side of the frame, about half way up vertically)
#2 (Center foregound)
More photos of the event from that photographer: Here


Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment