Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lincoln In... San Francisco?! Day 1

Yep... I got into San Francisco this evening for an extended work/vacation visit.

It's been probably close to 10 years since I spent time in San Francisco proper and I have to admit that was just before I truly discovered the wonder of travel. The strongest memories of that trip were the homeless, who have significantly decreased in both quantity and agressiveness since that visit. This time around, I am in awe -- and wondering how I can see all I want to see in the short period of time I'm here

I've only been here for a handful of hours (on a Sunday evening) and I'm truly looking forward to the week ahead. BART from SFO to Montgomery, waked from Montgomery to Kerney to the hotel-- right near the Transamerica Pyramid, the top of which is currently encassed in a light fog. I'm pretty sure I can see the building that my project is in from the hotel room... I had considered cabbing it, but it's only about a 15 minute walk so using a taxi just seems crazy.

More posts later this week... I can see the top of Coit Tower (at least I'm pretty sure I can see the top of Coit Tower), there's an In-N-Out in Fisherman's Wharf so I need go get my fix while I'm in CA.

Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment