Saturday, July 17, 2010

Destinations, Discovery, and Disappointment?: An Update

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now" -- Airplanes (B.o.B featuring Hayley Williams from Paramore)

A little after 9 this morning I found myself leaving my home for my weekly venture through the Eastern suburbs on foot. Unlike the last post with this title (Here) I'm feeling quite centered today. Why? I asked the unaskable question and it was answered. Not the answer I would have preferred, but an acceptable answer nonetheless (even if the answer wasn't acceptable, just having an answer would have been a weight off...I don't do well without explicit closure).



In the "aww, cute" discovery column today early in my walk I found myself at Shaker Lakes' Horseshoe Lake and after stopping for a few moments to just gaze across the bounded water and a small armada of geese moving away from my shore, I resumed my walk. Out of the corner of my eye, in the midst of a muck of algae there was a driftwood log. On the log was a turtle peacefully sunning itself, though I think when my presence was noticed its head turned and I got a distinctly reptilian "What do you want?" look before it went back to peacefully bobbing around on the log. I didn't have my real camera with me, but couldn't keep myself from pulling out my cell camera. Despite the low quality, you can see the glint of the sun on his/her shell.

After I stopped for my near-weekly visit to the Cleveland Museum of Art... a lot of art has been cycled through the contemporary galleries recently and I really like some of the pieces that I don't think have been on display before (recently)... stop by and check it out. Remember, CMA is one of the great things things that's always free in CLE.

And because the question has been asked by a surprisingly large number of my readers, to clarify the friend referenced in recent posts: She is indeed a she and I'm enjoying sharing the experiences with someone, but we are just friends... If you have anyone looking to try kissing a frog, don't let that stop you from sending her my way.

Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment