Saturday, May 8, 2010

REBLOG: VIDEO: The Cleveland Orchestra and Chorus - GO CAVS!

(Video Originally Found at The Cleveland Orchestra Blog)



It's no secret that I'm not a sports fan, much less fanatic as most of the Cleveland population seems to be (I've been at professional theater productions where the scores were announced as part of the director's curtain speech and again at intermission; I've been to at least one popular music concert who's beginning was delayed waiting for the completion of an Indians game)

Nonetheless, each year as the Cavs enter the playoffs my hopes on behalf of the citizens of this region are briefly lifted and my breath briefly held...

Anyway: The video above features the Cleveland Orchestra and Chorus playing the first movement of Orff's Carmina Burana, adopted as the Cav's entry music, with a few soundbites from Orchestra members plucked in: For my readers beyond Cleveland's borders, a taste of what you're missing, and I promise you, while it sounds great it sounds so much better in the hall.

So for the first and perhaps only time: Go Cavs! The city's lackluster self esteem would be immensely helped by a win.

Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment